Thursday, November 02, 2006

Not Rare

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061102/ap_on_re_us/unexpected_birth

"BELLEVUE, Wash. - Amanda Brisendine attributed the 30 pounds she gained in the past year to an abandoned smoking habit and rich food. So when she went to the hospital with sharp stomach pain, she wasn't expecting to leave with a newborn son

"I don't know how I didn't know. I just didn't know," Brisendine said Tuesday from her bed at Overlake Medical Center's Birthing Center, where she delivered Alexander Joseph Britt by Caesarean section.

Doctors agree her case is not rare.

..."

NOT RARE??!!! WTF?!!

I am worried for our species.

2 comments:

Anand Ramachandran said...

I've heard a similar story elsewhere - so 'not rare', while amusing, may not be inaccurate.

P.S. Thanks for the link.

Unknown said...

Not rare, but most definitely not well-done.

WTF indeed.